Monday, September 8, 2008

I've had Enough Nature

I spent the weekend at the YMCA camp in Estes Park, Colorado and I have to tell you, I'm not an out door person. I'd much rather be inside crafting or playing on the internet. We all tried our hand at archery it wasn't as hard as I thought it would be and for my first time I did really well, we each got 3 arrows per "turn" and I hit the target all three times, one was very close to a bull's eye too. Everyone in the group was shocked when I told them this was the first time I'd ever shot a bow and arrow. Although my kids and I had fun doing the various activities, a scavenger hunt, miniature golf, walking around the camp area, and of course shopping. My daughter took a horseback ride, I've riden once and don't care for it so my son and I hung out while she was gone. I was sure ready to come home yesterday. While there I did manage to spend a couple hours crafting in their craft center. I tried my hand at mosaics which I'd never done before, I think they turned out well for the first try. I'll post pictures later. That's all I have for now. See you soon.

No comments: