Saturday, August 1, 2009

August Stamp of the Month Blog Hop. . .

I've finally got this re-done.
Sorry for the delay. . .


Welcome to the Close to my Heart, August Stamp of the Month BLOG HOP!!!!! We are featuring the "It's Your Day" stamp set. This great set contains 26 stamps. I know WOW! 26 stamps. If you have come here from Jennifer Patrick's blog http://www.roxybonds-scrappin.blogspot.com/, you are on the right path! If this is your first stop, you may want to go back to Jena's blog: http://www.livelovelaughscrapbook.blogspot.com/ and start from the beginning! This month we have 64 Close To My Heart Consultants sharing their creations using this Stamp of the Month and other great CTMH products on their blogs. This is simple to do - just click on the link at the end of the post on each blog to move to the next one!


Ready...Set...Go!

For this card, I tried another technique from Technique Junkies. The background was created using the Zig Zag technique from the Aug/Sept 09 issue, please visit their website to learn how to get the full instructions: http://www.techniquejunkies.com/ It looks just like party streamers, so fun and festive. Paper: White Daisy, Sunflower, Dutch Blue, Tulip, and Clover Meadow cardstock and Animal Cookies patterned paper Inks: Sunflower, Dutch Blue, Tulip, and Clover Meadow Twill Ribbon, Cranberry Sparkles (retired), and the itty bitty Clear Sparkles.

Close up of "bling"

Now "Hop" on over to Lori's Blog: http://www.clearlyfromtheheart.blogspot.com/ to see her work! Be sure to visit all the Consultants at their Blogs to get some great crafting ideas and other fun ideas! Remember, the August SOTM is only available until August 31st! Visit my website: http://www.creationsbylaurie.myctmh.com/ to see how you can get this stamp set at a discount or even free!
Here's a list of all the participants in case a link is broken or you get lost along the way. Enjoy. . .

12 comments:

Nancy Ball said...

That is a really cute card, Laurie. The background is great!

Pandascrapper said...

Wow, love the card and the background

Dawnll said...

What a fun card sweetie, I love the colors and the background.

Carla said...

Great card!! Love the strips of paper for the background - that is awesome!

Cindy said...

Great card! I keep meaning to sign up for Techno Junkies.... :o)

Unknown said...

love your techniques!!!!
fixed the link from me to you... sorry!
Jen

Anonymous said...

That background is crazy! I like it. I'm still amazed there is no pink in this card...lol ;)

Wendy K. said...

Cute card, I love that zigzag technique!

Jena said...

Fun card - cool technique! Thanks for hopping with us!

Unknown said...

oooh the zig zag technique is really cool! may have to try that one!

Nalazoo said...

The zig-zag technique looks like fun, reminds me of a quilting technique I know....hmmm....going to have to give that a try.

craftyrachel said...

Great card! I love the technique you used. Very unique! TFS