Saturday, April 7, 2012

Application for Close to my Heart Convention Extravaganza

Today's post is really exciting for me. Every year Close to my Heart accepts applications from consultants to teach at a convention event called Extravaganza. This year I decided I wanted to give it a try. So I sent in my application and 5 pieces of art and patiently waited to hear. I got a confirmation email yesterday telling me I was accepted to teach. I was excited, scared, nervous, and shocked all at the same time. This is an incredible opportunity for any consultant and I'm glad I get to be a part of it this year.

I'm a very superstitious person so no one saw my artwork entries except my family and Close to my Heart. I took pictures of them before sending them off to the Close to my Heart offices and now that I know my fate, I will post them here for everyone to see.

There are a lot of pictures in this post. I hope you enjoy them.

First up is the card requirement-we had to include a card, a layout and 3 other pieces of our choice.

This card is entirely sponged and stamped. I used techniques I learned from following Michelle Zindorf's tutorials. I used Outdoor Denim, Sky, Crystal Blue, and Black inks, The Best Things, A Garden, and the June 2012 Stamp of the Month Life is Tweet. I added Outdoor Denim ribbon and a pewter ribbon slide. I mounted the scene on Sky and Outdoor Denim cardstock.

This was my layout entry






I used the Victory paper pack, square durable studs, twine and pewter embellishments. The layout is "Dialogue" from the how to book Imagine.

My first "other" project is a Tunnel Book. I've seen several tutorials online for this one and really didn't follow anyone in particular, but here's a good one.



As you can see I created a scene on several layers. I used Stella paper and the canvas shapes Compliments to create the scene. It took a little measuring and hand cutting with an exacto knife to get this one done. It's hard to tell in the pictures, but you could look through it to read the sentiment in the back. It did have to be moved a little to read the full sentiment, but that's half the fun, moving it around to see what else you can find in the scene.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome...Love the LO the card, but especially the tunnel book. Wow...I wish I was there to take your class. :) Congratulations...God bless, Smoochie