Saturday, April 7, 2012

Extravaganza Application part 2

I had to split this into two posts.

This next project is a mini inside one of the My Creations Card Boxes. I cut the front of the box to form a flap that folds down, where the mini album is hidden. There's a tray on top to hold memorabilia or accessories for the book. This project was inspired by Paper Phenomenon's Kathy Files Secretary found here



The box has a nice magnet closure on it, but because I altered the box, the magnet wasn't strong enough to hold it closed. I used two brads and some twine to keep it closed.

Here's the book that is hidden inside








My final art piece is mini album home decor piece. This idea came from Laura at Following the Paper Trail






The sides come off the box so you can put pictures on the "pages"





I made the roses from co-ordinating cardstock and some of the patterned paper. The butterflies are Flutter Paper shapes, sponged with Outdoor Denim, Honey, and Indian Corn Blue inks. The butterfly trails are Mocha Opaques Adhesive Gems.




The box goes together very easily and quickly. I used the Pemberly paper pack and additional Honey and Colonial White cardstock.

I hope you enjoyed my application artwork.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

OMG Laurie I can totally see why they picked you! Your projects are incredible! LOVE THEM!

Anonymous said...

You are blowing me away with these projects. They are really detailed. Really amazing Laurie. TFS. God bless, Smoochie